Wednesday, March 30, 2011

God's "Head Nod"...


This past weekend I was sitting outside one night having a conversation with a friend and in the midst of the conversation they said, "O, there it is." After looking around I had to inquire on what they were talking about. They soon pointed my attention to the sky and said there was a shooting star. Not gonna lie, I was kind of bummed I didn't see it. :( After a brief conversation about shooting stars they told me that they refer to shooting stars as "God's head nod." I laughed then listened to their explanation. They went on to explain how there was a moment in their life that they just needed to know that God was there and that everything was OK. A few moments after they prayed the prayer they look at the sky and saw a shooting star. It was like God was giving them a nod saying that He was there, everything's OK and that He's got their back. I thought for a moment then carried on...

A few days later I was just having one of those days. I was wondering what in the world God was up to...Wondering if I was really making a difference in this world...Wondering if I was where I was supposed to be doing what I was supposed to be doing. I asked God for a head nod...I looked around and got nothing.

Today was another one of those days. A day of frustrations, let downs, confusion and questioning. More than once today I questioned things. Am I where I'm supposed to be?
What is God doing? Why is everything in my world changing? Why does God allow me to feel this way? Needless to say it was somewhat of a rough day...Frustrated with God and wondering why I'm where I am at in my life. The more I thought, the more frustrated I became. Then it was like God looked down at me and gave me a head nod...In the form of this simple text message...
"Meet Miss Meredith :) from Tanner"

This text came from one of my kids at school via his moms phone. You see his birthday is Friday and he has been telling me for almost a week how he was going to get a fish. He got the fish tonight and named it Miss Meredith and wanted me to know!

It was a simple text, but God used it to speak volumes. The quick text just to let me know he got his fish and that we now share a name informed of me more than that. It was like God looked down and said, "I'm still here. You're exactly where you're supposed to be doing exactly what I've called you to do. Even when life doesn't make sense, I've still got you in My hand. Keep doing what I've called you to do. Love on those around you, be my light and live a life worthy of being watched."

That's my prayer... That no matter the day, the frustrations, the questioning...No matter what, I would constantly keep my eyes fixed on Him, loving all those around me, being a light for Him in this dark world and living a life worthy of being watched. (Or naming a fish after!) :)

I started this blog to convey the extraordinary lessons God taught me using ordinary things... One ordinary fish, one extraordinary lesson...


1 comment:

audrey said...

Love it! Remember another fish story similar to this. Love you!